Functional Restoration Program
A Functional Restoration Program (FRP) is an intensive rehabilitation program for chronic pain sufferers. The committed patient will increase physical functioning, improve pain-coping skills, promote the return to a productive lifestyle at home or at work, and limit the need for future spine treatments.
Conservative Care Specialists goal is to treat the whole person, recognizing that pain and disability affect all aspects of a person’s life. Each patient enrolled in the program participates in structured daily activities and receives individual case management, psychological counseling, and physical and occupational therapy.
- Individual and group Cognitive Therapy
- Individual and group Behavioral Therapy
- Bio-feed back
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Weekly physician medical evaluation
The 6-week program meets six hours a day, three days per week.
- Functional restoration combines exercises that build strength and endurance, stretching, weight-bearing exercises and cardio-pulmonary fitness. Specialists each patient correct ways to bend and lift, as well as to manage the different movements necessary in daily life. Our goal is to restore function so that patients can move and participate in their daily activities.
- Specialist teach relaxation exercises and psychological methods of managing the pain. Patients learn positive ways to think about the pain so they can regain quality of life even when the pain is still present.